Friday, April 27, 2007

My teaching practice

Today something very positive happened as far as my teaching practice.But let's start from the beginning. Because the teacher who observed my lessons couldn't come to my lesson I decided to video tape it. You know my technical skills so I was horrified as I had never used cam corder before. The school I had practice in is not one of the best so to say. The students are quite misbehaved and I was really afraid of the lesson. Besides their level of English is low (poor teacher by the way). I had some problems getting the right tape to the camera as the shop assistants said they hadn't even training as for the cameras and find the person who would be so good as to find some time to record my lesson.Finally I found Monika who without hesitation agreed to do it(Thank you so much:) But despite the difficulties I had the lesson turned out to be quite successful. It wasn't work of art and I made some mistakes when I listen to it but at least they were participating. I was so shocked as they were listening to me and even seemed to understand what I was explaining.It turns out that camera is a good thing if you want to discipline the students. All in all I am very happy and hope that I will solve my problems with my action research as well.

4 comments:

AgataL said...

Good for you! I'm impressed with your never giving up! :)

Monia said...

Thank you it is very nice to hear that.Yes I was really motivated to finish my practical part and I actually don't know how I managed.

AGA said...

Hey! Congratulations, however, I knew that you would be fine all along. If you didn’t discipline the students than I think nobody would manage to do it. You are a strong Polish woman. As for your action research I know you will do well. Ach Monika! Everything will be O.K. this year because this is PIG’S year. The best year for you (and it so happens that for me too). Remember!?!

Monia said...

You know I stopped believing that this is a good year for me everything is going wrong so far:(